Whitecaps

Commentary and information about public safety and security, intelligence and counterintelligence, open government and secrecy, and other issues in northern Idaho and eastern Washington.

Name:
Location: Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States

Raised in Palouse, WA. Graduated from Washington State University. US Army (Counterintelligence). US Secret Service (Technical Security Division) in Fantasyland-on-the-Potomac and Los Angeles and other places in the world. Now living in north Idaho.


Friday, September 22, 2006

Idaho - No Longer a State?

Apparently the Time Warner Cable company (TWC) has decided Idaho is not a state.

Yesterday I received the long-dreaded "We've decided to improve our profitability by forcing you to change your email address" letter from TWC. TWC bought out Adelphia Cable, no doubt to help the Rigas Gang's attorneys get paid for their unsuccessful attempts to keep their clients out of jail.

The Road Runner Activation Wizard was fairly easy to use, but there was a small glitch that would probably have been answered in the Road Runner Help section. I say "probably", because that rather small glitch became insurmountably large when I tried to enter the Help section.

To get Help, I first had to tell TWC that I am using TWC. Apparently TWC's software can't discern that, so I selected Time Warner from the available choices. So far, so good.

Then it said for me to select the state where I live. That's where the organic fertilizer hit the spinning impeller.

The list of available states did not include Idaho. That's right. TWC doesn't include Idaho as one of the states. And since my state doesn't exist, I can't get Help from TWC.

I have little doubt that by the next billing cycle, TWC will have recognized Idaho as one of the United States.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike Kennedy said...

That's great, Bill! Very funny. Apparently if you're west of the Mississippi, TWC couldn't care less. Must make for interesting discussions in their customer support training.

9:10 AM, September 22, 2006  
Blogger ThomG said...

Bill, I haven't gotten my letter from TWC, yet, but your post and Kristin's don't fill me with much hope.

6:15 PM, September 22, 2006  
Blogger Tumblewords: said...

I don't think there are road runners in Idaho. No wonder. Maybe we should secede before they find us.

10:08 PM, September 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home